Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Soggy Blog

We did not avoid the rain today. It was 57degrees and raining when we left Abingdon, VA this morning. I think all but 10 out of the 67 miles were in steady rain, which makes the extremities uncooperative and stiff and makes you cold to the bone. The hot shower felt very, very nice.

Cycling in VA is beautiful...with winding, hilly, narrow roads with no shoulders. We had low ceilings with a touch of fog on a couple of our climbs. Hillman Highway took us right through the middle of Emory and Henry College campus and on to Glade Spring. Highway 91 and US42 took us through Saltville (Salt Capitol of the Confederacy) and on to Bland, VA. We're seeing some color in the trees with leaves starting to fall, but I think we are going to miss the peak of the season by a week or so.

Every once in awhile I ask myself why I am on this ride --especially on days like today. I guess the answer lies in the fact that you are reading this blog. The last time I checked, the Kekchi Audio Scripture project we're supporting stands at 84% funded. This is awesome! I've never been a part of anything like this before. I felt "inspired" to do this ride. I rejoice that you are "inspired" to follow the progress. I don't always feel I have a lot to offer the Lord, but oh, just let me run with what I've got! If I can please God and advance His Kingdom purpose on a bicycle, then......Let's Ride!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Doug and Team
Great reading about your progress and support rate. PTL
Thank you for being like Isaiah and answering the call Doug.
You do not only speak of Christ you also present HIM by your actions that speak LOUDER than anything you can ever say.
Imagine all the people that seen you guys riding in the rain and your objective being to mobilize the Gospel. You are truly trophies of HIS kingdom and HIS chosen vessel before the foundation of the world in order to complete this task. The end results will be 100% support and many coming from darkness into HIS LIGHT.
I am proud of you Doug....In the root of our prayers.
Pastor Fred and Terry