Monday, October 1, 2007

Living Water

I'm getting my first on-the-ground look at the southwest part of the country. The first look was from a couple thousand feet in a Cessna 185 on a long cross country with fellow Moody Aviation classmates. We spent a week and a half training on back country and forest service strips in New Mexico and Arizona on our way to California 17 years ago. I didn't think to dig out my log book before this ride, I've probably cycled by a couple of those strips by now. This country is vast and dry. Our ride out of Mayhill, down the eastern slopes of the Sacramento Mountains followed a drainage that actually had water flowing. We've cycled past many dry river beds in the last two weeks, it was wonderful to hear the sound of flowing water. We're getting farther east every day, only one more day in New Mexico. I hope to see more and more water as we go.

I have never lived in an area without an abundance of rivers and lakes. I think I was slightly surprised by the security I felt being near water once again--cycling through a desert can mess with you I guess. So many are without knowledge of the One who is the Living Water, from whom springs life eternal. If I have one desire it would be that the world would have this knowledge--that it would fill the earth as the waters cover the sea.

Pictures 1) Our cabin in the pines in Mayhill. 2) Out of the mountains on Highway 82, west of Hope, NM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Doug and Team,
Thank you for the great pictures of your journey and task. Doug good word about the livivng water. It is great to hear that even in your riding time God is speaking to you and placing in your heart His desire and purpose.
God is going to use your accomplishment to allow that water you talked about to minister to the people of Guatemala. Praise God for His living water and Him allowing you to discern his purpose through your journey!(Jere. 29:11)