Monday, October 8, 2007

Birthday Surprise

October 8th is my birthday. It just happened to fall on the scheduled day off on this ride across America. It wasn't planned but because of a blessing from some very special people, Jo and the girls were able to fly to Dallas and "show up" Sunday evening for a short 24 hour b-day visit. Monday morning we rode the Dallas Area Rapid Transit train through downtown to the Dallas Zoo. By mid-afternoon they dropped me off where they found me and were gone again... just like that. It was a short but it was definitely a memory maker! What a blessing.

Well, after two days off, we have a very full day tomorrow. 110 miles from Richardson to Paris. What a way to start my 44th year! Thanks so much for your prayers for Ed and I, Wycliffe and the work of Bible translation and the WHEEL POWER team. I'm missing my teammate but I am privileged to ride out of town in the morning with two other Wycliffe colleagues working out of the Dallas office. They are joining us for a half day. I've not met them personally but what a great way to get to know new friends.
Picture. Jo and the girls at the train station.

No comments: