Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cross Country


We made it Cross Country.....Texas, that is. It actually went by faster than I thought it would. Today we spun down Hwy 82 for nearly 97 miles. The winds were lighter and there weren't as many hills, this translatred to an average speed of 16mph --not too bad.

I had a rash of flats today --two of them on the rear wheel. It's the price you pay when you opt to ride a little further into the shoulder of the road. It's more comfortable for me to take the shoulder, but the closer you get to the edge of the road, the more debris you find. Today I picked up a nail. My second flat on the rear came from a faulty patch job on the replacement tube. You have to have the right attitude because "flats" can lead to "divine appointments." Today we got to witness to Ricky on his front porch after we fixed my flat tire.

Texarkana is an interesting place. The Dual Post Office downtown is the only federal building in the United States that is located in two States....in two different counties.....and two cities. The State line between Texas and Arkansas literally runs down the center of the building. The PO address is Texarkana, USA. It made for a great photo opportunity. And yes, I'm standing with one foot in each State. (If there is no picture and you are wondering what I'm talking about, it means that I did not have an internet connection tonight. I'll post the picture as soon as I can.)

Tomorrow is another 90 mile day to El Dorado. Thanks so much for your prayers for our safety.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Doug and Team
Terry and I are back from blazing the mission trail in Bradenton FL. God moved with sign and wonders after the preaching of the Word.
Doug happy birthday:) I heard your family was going to meet you PTL.
He is a GOOOD GOD....
Terry and I continued to lift you and the team up in prayer while we were on the road. I did not have my laptop so I could not blog.
But it is good to hear you are still on fire, God is still sitting on the thrown and those children of Guatemala are going to reap your rewards.
thank you for your continual efforts and passion (Ro.10:13ff).

Anonymous said...

Hello Doug, it's great to see you are doing so well. Maybe we need to invent some steel belted bike tires. Hope you had a great B'day. Enjoy those pics, take care and God Bless, Norman Eggleston - Faith Assmebly