Friday, October 19, 2007

Cycling Tennessee

We’ve seen some gorgeous scenery in the last few weeks but I must say the most beautiful so far is Tennessee. I’m a little partial having lived in the state for eight years, my wife was born and raised in northeast TN, we were married and both our daughters were born in TN. I love riding in TN.

We rode Highway 96 out of Murfreesboro then on into Crossville on US 70. We passed a couple Civil War battlegrounds (the Battle of Milton and Snow Hill), climbed the Cumberland Plateau, took in some awesome overlooks, changed a couple flat tires (both mine—we’ve seen more glass in the shoulder here than anywhere else). Tomorrow we’re riding to Knoxville where I’m meeting up with my wife’s folks for dinner. I’m getting closer to Lynchburg every day!

Pictures. 1) Scenic overlook on US 70 out of Sparta, TN. 2) Doug getting some help patching a tube at destination Homestead Baptist Church, Crossville, TN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Doug, Don and I were just reading all your blogs. What a great adventure you are having. Praise God for health and strength and safety. We are praying for you around the table in the Personnel Dept. each morning as well. May God richly bless you and the rest of the bikers. You are making great progress. Blessings, Myrle and Don C.