Sunday, October 14, 2007

Out of the Delta and Into the Hills

We had a good ride today. 83 miles from Greenville, Mississippi to Winona, Mississippi. We stayed on hwy 82 all day, and we're looking to ride 40 more miles on it tomorrow. It was flat with a slight headwind component out of the Southeast most of the day. Then out of the delta river basin, we climbed abruptly. the last 15 miles or so were all hills. I love hills. I miss having them in Florida --I have yet to ride Sugar Loaf near Clermont, the only hill in Central Florida (Carl, as soon as I get home, I'm with you!)

Lots of folks back home in Orlando have been asking my wife how I'm doing, and if I'm sick of the bike yet. I'm not. I actually enjoy it a lot. I'm thankful for this privilege. I'm thankful for the strong legs God has given me. I praise God for the life He gives with every breath! Pray with me that His ways would be known throughout the earth. His saving power among the people everywhere! (Psalm 67:2)

No comments: