Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rubber Woes


We put in another 90 miles on Hwy 82 today. Arriving in El Dorado, Arkansas by mid-afternoon. Southern Arkansas is very beautiful with undulating hills and dense forest. We cycled past a couple of lumber mills which brought back some good memories. It was a plywood plant in my hometown in Montana and some help from my folks that got me through college.

We struggled against headwinds most of the day, but that wasn't the only challenge. I ended up with two more flats early in the ride. That's four flats in two days. I'm building quite a reputation on the team. I need to order some puncture-resistant road tires with heavy duty tubes equipped with puncture sealing goop. Then I'll need to upgrade my pump. How about a portable air compressor? I'll need a trailer for that...Maybe they make solid tires for bikes now...All in all, I'm keeping a pretty good attitude. (Can't you tell? :-)

I don't know what the problem is with the GPS tracker. I haven't had access to the internet for a few days now. But I've been told that it looks like I've back-tracked a couple of times and that I'm lost somewhere around Magnolia, Arkansas. We're hoping a reboot will correct the problem in the morning. If not, we will be reassessing the tracker. I'll keep you posted.

Thank God for another safe day on the road. Pray for an internet connection soon.....I love to keep you up to date with pictures.

No comments: