Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What is this thing called a "road bike" anyway? Answer: A tool from the Lord to exercise the physical bodies we've been given, but more importantly, a tool that will draw people to ask the kinds of questions that the Lord has given us marvelous answers to. Recently, my bike was hanging in a bicycle cradle in a ferry and as I was disembarking, several people had gathered around the bike taking a closer look at it. Instantly, I was able to tell them about the cross country trip and how the bike would be used to bring glory to God. It's only a tool but a very special one when used for His purposes.
At one of the lighthouses I visited last week in northern Michigan, I asked an elderly couple if they would take my picture in front of the sign denoting the lighthouse's history. (See my blogspot http://www.edwardspeyers.blogspot.com/). When they had finished they asked me, "Weren't you in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago?" They were from a neighboring town and had seen the article. They, along with another couple, were vacationing up north and promised to pray for me. Then a third couple came up and said they had overheard our conversation and also promised to pray for me and the group as we make our way across the USA. You just never know where your words will end up, so, as the Scriptures say, let your words be sweet. Psalm 119:103.

No comments: